So here are the players...
On the boys side.
|Bear Grylls, 36, the Man vs Wild host and a really fine human specimen.|
|Kris Kristofferson- 73, songwriter, singer, and actor|
|David Mamet, 62, American Playwright and Director|
Michael Douglas, 65, the Oscar winner actor best known for getting the catch of a lifetime, Catherine Zeta Jones.
|Don Rickles, 84, A long time comedian and actor. Reprises his role as Mr. Potato Head in Toy Story 3.|
|Ray Lewis, 35, The 11-time Pro Bowl linebacker, was the most dominant defensive player of the last decade.|
On the girl side.
|Me, 30, stylist, question asker, and friend|
LET THE QUESTIONS BEGIN...
What should every man know about woman?
· They don’t care about how much you know. All they want to know is how much you care. BG
· If God made anything better than women, he kept it for himself. KK
· They don’t play fair. That’s a learned survival skill, though, because its not as if women have had a whole lot of choices through the generations. …They have a lot of power, those girls. MD
· They cost money. That’s a joke. DR
· We don’t do indifference, we want a man of character and conviction over a fat pocketbook. we love your attention whether a smile, hug, flowers, or a kind word; from you it means everything. KH
What’s the best way to impress a woman?
· Courtesy. DM
· By ignoring her. MD
· By not trying too hard. DR
·Being generous. KH
Best cure for heartache?
· Write a song. KK
· Girlfriends and a glass of wine, we just need to talk it out… and time. KH
What should every man know about money?
· As the old Yiddish proverb had it, “ Rich or poor, rich is better.” DM
· Line from Wallstreet “Money is a (bleep) who never sleeps, and if you don’t keep an eye on her, than you wake up in the morning and she’s gone. MD
· To enjoy it. DR
· Money doesn’t make a man, his character does. However, its just as easy to marry a rich man as it is a poor man. KH
How should a man best face his fears?
· Understand that fear is an emotion that’s there to give you an edge for what you need to do. It’s your instinct talking. If I’m honest, I get scared most days, but I try to use that. BG
· By doing things afraid. And maybe investing in a pair of depends. KH
What one thing should every man experience?
· Get up early and watch the sun come up at least once a year. It gives you a great perspective on life. And, sorry, sunsets are too easy. BG
· The presence of God and being pregnant. (For now men, you and I are only going to get the first.) KH
What is the best survival skill you know?
· Keep your eyes and ears open and your mouth shut. KK
· Sit down and take a deep breath. DM
· Clean house, makeover a room or laugh as much as possible. KH
What skill should every man possess?
· You’ve got to be able to sell yourself. DR
· A work ethic. RL
· How to carve meat and open doors. KH
What’s the best way to intimidate other men?
· By pure force. As a linebacker he wants people to say, “That joker didn’t slow down, he didn’t flinch, he didn’t brace just before the hit, he just came after me with everything he had.” That creates intimidation. RL
· A great pair of heels I mean shoes. A man that is comfortable in his own shoes literally and figuratively has power. KH
What’s the best way to motivate other men?
· As men we are built a certain way – to not share our feelings. Most of these guys I play with have pain they won’t share with nobody, so what I do is share mine first. I tell them a little bit of what I’ve been through. That kind of breaks them down. And once you’ve discussed these things it opens up a world of trust. Then when you step on the field, it creates a bond so strong. We’re on mind, one spirit. RL
· Patting them on the assets? or talking out crazy visions together and/or skydiving. KH
On getting older…
How should a man handle getting older?
· Just keep getting as old as you can as long as you can. KK
· The body changes, so you have to adapt. DM
· With a giggle, hopefully. You’ve got to find a passion, even if it shocks you and breaks your normal patterns of watching football all weekend. MD
· By keeping busy, as busy as you can. DR
· Moisturize. Forgive yourself and others. Love and laugh at yourself. KH
And the winner is???
no one, cause the beauty of it all is everyone has an opinion and their own experience to back it up...but thanks for playing.
Speaking of playing I'd love to hear your answers to these questions. bring on the opinions and bring on the love.
*****note the above interviews were by Steven Russell; Ray Lewis interviewed by Dacus Thompson, all 6 were taken from different issues from Men's Journal.